Fargo Market Manager Full Job Description
FERNSON BREWING COMPANY MARKET MANAGER
FARGO, nd – Full Time
Grow sales, increase brand presence, and ensure product quality through key account calls and promotional events.
You will be based out of Fargo, ND. The territory assigned to this position is as follows:
- The southern half of North Dakota including Dickinson, Bismarck, Jamestown, Fargo, and Grand Forks.
- Northwestern Minnesota from Alexandria north to the Canadian border, including Fergus Falls, Pelican Rapids, Detroit Lakes, Perham, and Thief River Falls.
Sales should come naturally to you. You’ll need to know beer and be thoughtful about the way you educate and connect with others. You should be able to work independently with little management. You’ll need to know how restaurants, bars, and retail stores operate so that you’re able to work with them effectively. Basically, you’ll need to be super organized and super motivated.
We are a growing production brewery that was established in 2015 in Sioux Falls, SD. We have quickly increased our distribution footprint into 5 states: SD, ND, MN, IA, and NE. We live out our Vision, “The most thoughtful beer experiences in the world,” every day in every facet of our brewery. Our Guiding Values are Communication, Execution, Fun, Proactive, and Accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement sales plan to quickly establish and increase Fernson’s accounts in the territory.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key retailers, bars, and restaurateurs to increase sales per account.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors’ sales team.
- Assume a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with retailers and restaurateurs.
- Ensure that Fernson’s quality standards are clearly understood and enforced.
- Use Repsly (CRM software) to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, activity tracking, and other business insights.
- Ensure proper use of available point of sale items throughout territory.
- Report sales data and market relevant insights with management.
- Responsibly represent Fernson at selected festivals and events such as but not limited to beer festivals, tastings, and promotions.
- Sell in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects.
- Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Attend all team meetings in Sioux Falls as requested.
- Attend HPMS meetings remotely every Monday at 9:00 am.
- Attend Sales & Marketing meetings remotely every Friday at 10:00 am.
- Attend monthly sales meeting at the brewery in Sioux Falls, once per month.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, registration, insurance, and clean driving record are all required.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prepare a detailed, practical sales execution plan
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with top level account decision makers
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
- High level of craft beer product knowledge
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Strong organizational & planning skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of industry experience selling craft beer
- First Level Cicerone Certification - Certified Beer Server
- Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in this geography
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers
- The ability to travel via car on a regular basis
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers are required
- Travel is required